Having trouble sleeping? Curious what you could be doing to get more shuteye? Optimizing your sleep will maximize your brain detoxification, elevate your mood, and overall make you feel like a rockstar! and who wouldn’t want that. Here are 7 steps to getting the best sleep of your dreams ;)
1. The best time for sleep recovery is between 10-2. Shoot to be in bed no later than 10. If that’s not possible, work your way down in half hour increments to get closer to that time. Set your alarm and wake up early. Get in a rhythm and make it a habit. Consistency is key.
2. Don’t eat any later than 3 hours before going to sleep, ideally 7pm being the latest. This gives your body time to switch gears from digesting to healing.
3. Don’t drink caffeine past 1. Even if you think your 3pm tea isn’t making a difference, I can tell you with confidence loads of research studies suggest otherwise.
4. Don’t take sleep aids. Even natural ones like melatonin can create dependency and actually mess with your sleep more. If you need something to relax opt for L theanine, passionflower, chamomile, or CBD.
5. Dim the lights after dinner and the second you feel tired go to sleep. Don’t wait and miss these important signals from your brain.
6. Use a blue light filter on your devices in the evening and aim to be off your device completely at least 1 hour before bed. Put your phone on airplane mode or turn it off entirely to avoid harmful EMF while you sleep.
7. Make your room as dark as possible to not disturb your circadian rhythm.
8. Get out and exercise. Sunlight helps your clock adjust and exercise is imperative for overall health. It will help you burn up extra steam and calm your emotions.
Have any questions? Hit me up and I’d be happy to answer them!