These delicious muffins are sweet enough to feel like a treat but also healthy enough to eat without the guilt! They're perfect for a quick snack and can be frozen for future treats.
· 2 cups hazelnut flour
· ½ cup golden flax meal
· 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
· 2 teaspoon baking soda
· 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
· 1 tablespoon cinnamon
· 6 pitted dates
· 1 cup apple sauce
· 2 ripe bananas
· 3 large eggs
· 1 teaspoon vinegar
· 1/4 cup coconut oil
· 2 large carrots shredded
1. Combine dry ingredients.
In a large bowl whisk together almond flour, shredded coconut, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
2. Combine wet ingredients in food processor.
Process dates, bananas, vinegar and coconut oil in a food processor until smooth. Add eggs and again, process until smooth.
3. Combine wet and dry ingredients to make muffin batter.
Add wet mixture along with carrots to dry mixture. Stir to combine.
*Walnuts can be added during this step if desired.
4. Scoop batter into muffin tin.
In a standard muffin pan, fill paper liners 2/3 full.
5. Bake 25 to 30 minutes at 350˚F, until muffin tops are set.